GAO (Arrahmah.com) – In recognition to the big responsibilities placed on both sides towards the land and people, and in keeping with the magnanimous Islamic teachings, and in respect to the strong desire of Azawadi people for the unity of their sons:
The National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad (MNLA) and the Ansar AL-Din Jamaat (independent local Islamist group) has agreed to coalesce within an Islamic Azawadi state, after emphasizing the following:
1. Demanding the international community of recognizing the Azawadi state.
2. Considering the Holy Quran and the prophetic Sunnah the source of legislation in the Azawadi state.
3. To expedite in forming an Azawadi authority to run the affairs of the land.
4. The complete merge of their armed forces to form one Azawadi army.
5. Calling all the armed Azawadi groups of organizational nature for the necessity of taking the initiative and work to join the Azawadi army.
6. Calling all the Azawadis to answer the demand of the comprehensive Azawadi unity to build the Islamic State of Azawad.
7. Considering providing security and stability on all the Azawadi soil is from the first priorities of this stage.
8. The categorical rejection of any behavior that harms Azawad and its people, or affects the security and stability of the neighboring countries.
Written on 5 Rajab 1433 A.H.
Corresponding 26 May 2012
Decree of Agreement
National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad AndAnsar AL-Din Jamaat
The Almighty says: (And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited) 103 Surah Aal-e-Imran
In submission to the order of Allah in this noble verse, the brothers in the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad and Ansar AL-Din Jamaat, conducted a series of meetings and consultations for a whole week, discussing fundamental concepts:
– The concept of Kufr of Tagut.
– The concept of Wala wa Bara.
– The necessity of establishing the Islamic state in Azawad as we were ordered by our Lord Almighty in His saying: (Those who, should We establish them in the land, will keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and enjoin good and forbid evil; and Allah’s is the end of affairs) 41 Surah Al-Hajj.
– Both parties:
– Emphasize on holding to the independence of Azawad, with total recognition and respect for the borders of the neighboring countries.
– Commit themselves to work on establishing and building an Islamic state in Azawad which its methodology are Holy Quran and the prophetic Sunnah on the according to the understanding of the righteous predecessors.
– Decide to merge for the higher interest of Islam and the Muslims on the Azawadian land.
– Commit themselves – as result to that – to merge their armed forces immediately, to form a unified army.
– Agree to form a transitional executive body under the name: “The transitional council of the Islamic state of Azawad”.
– Agree on one special flag for the Islamic state of Azawad.
– Call all the Azawadi groups organizational nature for the necessity of taking the initiative and work to join the new framework.
– The transitional council of the Islamic state of Azawad works to draw up a plan for implementing the terms of this Agreement.
– This Agreement shall enter into force upon its signature.
Written in Gao on 5 Rajab 1433 A.H.
Corresponding 26 May 2012
On behalf of National Movement On behalf of Ansar AL-Din Jamaat
for the Liberation of Azawad
Bilal Ag Charif Alghabass Ag Intalla (MNLA’s General Secretary)
source: Ansar Forum